Updated 22 July 2021
Section 1 – Government announcements
England moved to step 4 of the roadmap on 19 July. Everyone should be cautious while managing the risks as cases of COVID-19 remain high. The requirement to wear face coverings in law has been lifted. However, the government expects and recommends that people wear face coverings in crowded areas such as public transport.
Section 2 – Rail and bus services update
The bus service from Oxford to Gatwick was reintroduced on 19 July. The Heathrow bus service is now operating to an increased frequency timetable.
Section 3 – Staff parking
An update will be added shortly.
1. Government announcements
2. Public transport
You can continue to use public transport if you need to travel.
30% ‘Double-Up’ Discount on local bus services
A reminder that University staff can get up to 30% off the cost of local bus travel on routes operated by Oxfordshire bus companies through the 'Double-Up' discounts scheme until 31 August 2021. Through the discount scheme, the bus companies offer an extra 10% off existing discounted tickets. The cost is matched by the University through the Green Travel Fund (income from parking charges). Combined with existing discounts, this means that University staff can enjoy a total discount of 20-30% on local bus season tickets and multi-trip products purchased by 31 August 2021. For full details visit the travel pages.
- The bus service from Oxford to Gatwick was reintroduced on 19 July. The Heathrow bus service is operating to an increased frequency timetable. Details can be found on the Oxford Bus company website.
- Both Oxford Bus company and Oxford Stagecoach recommend the continued wearing of face coverings.
- All seats are now available on buses (except for the seat closest to the door) and standing is allowed.
GWR, Chiltern and CrossCountry trains
- The latest train timetable information can be found on the GWR, Chiltern Railways and CrossCountry websites.
- All operators are encouraging the continued use of face coverings.