Updated 18 November 2021
Find out the latest guidance from the government surrounding travel.
Find out how can you travel to work safely and get updated public transport timetables.
Find out your travel options for returning to on-site working, including discounted cycle equipment and applying for a University parking permit.
- While many legal restrictions have been lifted, coronavirus remains a serious health risk. You need to manage the risks and protect yourself and others.
- Guidance on what you need to do to travel safely on public transport can be found on the government’s website.
- For the immediate future, the University's Return to On-Site Working (RTOSW) guidance continues to govern how staff should return to working on site safely.
- You can check how busy your bus or train is by looking at the operators’ apps and websites. Visit Oxford Bus Company and the Trainline for more information.
- Operators are continuing to help people travel with confidence by ensuring they have COVID-19 measures in place. These includes enhanced cleaning and encouraging passengers to wear face coverings.
- Returning to onsite working and need travel advice? Find out about your travel options on the University’s travel webpages. They are a number of schemes which support walking, cycling, use of the Park and Ride and Park and stride facilities and use of public transport. If you have no alternative to driving, you can apply for the right to hunt for a parking space via our permit parking scheme.
- Applying for a University parking permit
- Temporary permission to park (TPTP) permits expired on 31 October. Please note, if you continue to park using a TPTP permit, you may receive a civil parking notice.
- A new range of parking options are now available, all of which are charged for. More details about this pilot scheme can be found on our travel web pages.
- If you have a question about parking permits, please visit the University travel web pages or contact your departmental parking administrator or email email@example.com.
- Cyclists need a high-quality bike lock and working bike lights to stay safe and seen – this is not just a vital safety measure; bike lights are also a legal requirement. Need new lights or a secure U-lock? If so, discounted cycle equipment is available via the University online store.
Visit our Travel News page for local updates.