First introduced in July 2018 as Blueprint Bulletin, the original monthly e-newsletter for staff became weekly from April 2020 in response to the communication needs of the coronavirus pandemic. It was renamed University Bulletin from October 2020 to help prevent any confusion with the Blueprint staff magazine.
- All issues from 2018 to 2020 are available from the bottom of this page
- All 2021 issues are available from the right-hand column of this page
The e-newsletter currently aims to provide information about University planning in response to the virus, changing government guidance and provide links to available sources of support, alongside other University news and updates.
Following staff feedback we made some changes during 2020 to help improve the e-newsletter. The changes included:
- Renaming to University Bulletin
- New layout – to help streamline our internal communication channels, the news is now divided into the same six categories found on the Staff Gateway:
- University News
- University Priorities
- Education and Teaching
- Oxford Partnerships
- You and Oxford
- New voices – the weekly blog by our Pro-Vice-Chancellors, researchers and other divisional leads is supplemented with topical articles from staff across the collegiate University.
How to submit an article
The newsletter is sent to all staff members and the information shared must be applicable to or in the interest of colleagues. If you would like to submit a news item for consideration in the University Bulletin, please contact the Internal Communications team in the Public Affairs Directorate.
The University Bulletin is created and sent using Adestra, which is approved for use at the University by IT Services and Legal Services and accords with relevant data privacy and information security policies.
Adestra records how many times each email is opened and which links are clicked within it. This data is hosted in the UK on a secure server. The Internal Communications team in the Public Affairs Directorate will use an anonymised and aggregated form of this data to help ensure that the content is as relevant as possible.
Individual user data is not monitored, and no personal data is shared with any other teams within the University, or with third parties.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.