Update: new online expense claims system
The launch of SAP Concur eExpenses is expected to be in place by the end of March 2021
In order to ensure all scenarios are fully covered in the interface between the University's existing financial system, Oracle Financials, and the new SAP Concur eExpenses system, additional time has been required and the launch of SAP Concur eExpenses is now expected to be in place by the end of March 2021.
Who will use SAP Concur?
All staff and students with a Single Sign-On (SSO) user ID will need to use eExpenses to claim expenses from the academic divisions, Gardens, Libraries and Museums (GLAM), Continuing Education, University Administration and Services (UAS) and three colleges (Kellogg, Reuben and St Cross) once it is launched.
What will change?
- With eExpenses you can create and submit an expense claim electronically either via computer or smart device, wherever you are working, whether on the go, at home or at the University, as long as you have an internet connection.
- You can photograph or scan your receipts and easily upload them to your claim or email them to eExpenses to attach to your claim.
- You can delegate the creation of an expense claim, but you will need to submit it yourself. This forms a declaration on the system that the expenses you are claiming have been incurred for carrying out University business and that they are in line with the University's expenses principles (PDF).
- Checks will still be carried out by finance staff and expenses approvers, but this will be done online. If there is a query, your claim is likely to be returned to you, electronically within the system, for additional information or explanation.
- You can view the progress of your claim all the way through the approvals process within eExpenses.
- People external to the University without an SSO ID (for example, visitors, research participants and interview candidates) will not use eExpenses but will use a new paper form.
- For claims related to advance payments you need to continue to use the existing process.
- For items that constitute a taxable benefit you need to use a new process and associated form.
Please see the Finance Division website for more information. Please contact the project team via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.