Looking after you - services

The University has partnered with Health Assured to provide this service to all University staff, your partners and dependants.

For full details on what is available to you through this service and for more information about eligibility, please visit the University's Health Assured page

All Health Assured provision can be accessed through their free 24/7 confidential helpline on 0800 028 0199.


NHS Oxfordshire Talking Therapies

NHS Oxfordshire Talking Therapies offers free NHS talking therapies to all adults in Oxfordshire bypassing the need for a Doctor’s appointment.​ You can self-refer via their website and will be offered the interventions most appropriate to you.


The Access to Work Mental Health Support Service by Maximus is funded by the Department of Work and Pensions and provides confidential and vocational support for employees with mental illness to retain/regain their ability to participate ​at work. Everyone in paid employment is eligible to nine months of free confidential support delivered by Vocational Rehabilitation Consultants (VRCs) – experts​ in supporting people with mental ​health conditions. 

Call Maximus on their confidential helpline: 0300 456 8114​ or email them at atw@maximusuk.co.uk​. You can also use their self-referral portal.

Able Futures

Able Futures is a nationwide mental health support service also provided on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions. Everyone in paid employment is eligible for nine months advice and guidance from a mental health specialist who can help you learn coping mechanisms, build resilience, access therapy or work with your employer to make adjustments to help your mental health at work. 

Call Able Futures free on 0800 321 3137 from 8am to 10.30pm, Monday to Friday to find out more about our online mental health support. Or apply online for support.


Togetherall (previously Big White Wall) is an online peer-to-peer support community. The service is free and support is available 24/7 from anywhere via a web browser.  All you need is an active university e-mail address (select “I’m from a University or College” when you register). 

For other mental health support, please access the mental health resources pages.

Via the 'Work+Family space' website, University staff can: 

  • book emergency childcare and backup adult and eldercare across the UK 

  • access the 'Speak to an Expert' advice line 

  • access webinars, and download 'Insider Guides' on a wide range of family related issues 

  • get assistance with finding longer term care solutions 

Accessing the service is free, although you pay the costs of any care that you book through it. 

To use the service, register online using your Oxford 'single sign on' (SSO) login details and employee number. If you have been offered a position at the University and would like to register with My Family Care before you start employment, please contact your departmental administrator to request access. 

Find out more about Oxford University Sport and the memberships available to you as a staff member. 

thriving at oxford branding 01

Contact us


Meet the team

Frances Parkes – Wellbeing Programme Manager