Thursday 22 April, 2–3.30pm
Professor Patrick Grant, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Research) will host the official launch of the University’s Research Staff Hub. Come and hear senior advocates and researchers discuss ways in which the Research Hub can contribute to the working lives of individual research staff and to the University’s broader research culture.
At this event, the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Louise Richardson, will be signing the Concordat to Support the Career Development of Researchers. This is an agreement between the University and research funders, and will outline expectations for the professional development and employment conditions of research staff.
The opening of the Hub and the signing of the Concordat mark a milestone in the collective efforts across the University to ensure a healthy research culture in which all researchers are supported to thrive, and where all contributions to research excellence are recognised.
Who should attend?
All staff are invited to join this event, and it will be of particular interest to fixed term research staff and fellows, principal investigators and managers of research staff as well as professional staff in research support and skills development.
Pre-submitted questions are invited at registration and there will be an opportunity to ask the panel questions during the event.
Professor Grant will be joined by the following colleagues:
- Professor Louise Richardson, Vice-Chancellor
- Professor Charlotte Deane, Deputy Executive Chair of the EPSRC
- Professor Anne Trefethen, Pro-Vice-Chancellor for People and GLAM
- Professor David Gavaghan, University Advocate for Research Staff
- Leanne Hodson, Professor of Metabolic Physiology/BHF Senior Research Fellow, RDM, in conversation with Dr Sion Parry, Post-doctoral researcher, Metabolic Research Group.
- Alice Chilver, Head of People, Organisation and Development
- Dr Rachel Bray, Research Staff Hub Lead, in conversation with
- Caroline Korell, Research Assistant, Department of Education & Co-Chair, OxRSS;
- Dr Gwilym Rowlands, Oxford Martin Research Fellow, Zoology, Chair, Research Staff Consultation Group, & Co-Chair, OxRSS;
- Dr Miles Tendi, Associate Professor of African Politics, African Studies Centre, Oxford School of Global and Areas Study;
- Dr Emanuela Vai, Research Fellow and Lecturer, Faculty of Music; Humanities and Colleges Research Staff Representative on the Research Staff Consultation Group
If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact email@example.com