Before you start

Moving to Oxford

Health information for overseas visitors to the UK, including advice about NHS services and registering with a doctor, is provided by the University's Occupational Health Service.

Payment of the relocation costs for new starters is at the discretion of departments. Please speak to the department that is employing you about the relocation scheme

If you are moving to Oxford from overseas, visit the University's Welcome Service website. It provides information about relocating to the UK, such as immigration, opening a bank account and transferring money
to the UK.



If you are a non-EEA (European Economic Area) national moving to Oxford from overseas, you may require a visa to work in the United Kingdom. Guidance about this can be obtained from the administrator in your new department or from the University's Staff
Immigration Team.

Guidance on eligibility for academic visitors' visas is available on the Staff Immigration website.



Advertisements offering short and long-term accommodation in Oxford and the surrounding area are available at the back of the University Gazette, which is published weekly during term time. To read the latest issue, visit the Gazette website

Guidance about the different accommodation options in Oxford and the processes associated with renting or buying a property in the UK is available on the on the Welcome Service website.