It is possible for a colleague to approve timesheets and holiday claims on your behalf. This can be set up using one of the options below.
1. Assign an additional Self-Service Manager to your team
Self-Service Managers can view information about their direct reports in Manager Self-Service such as:
- Basic personal details (eg name, title and emergency phone numbers);
- Employee Personnel Number;
- Contractual details (eg job title, FTE, length of service, salary and allowances);
- Team structure (eg who reports to whom).
Where it is appropriate for a colleague to have access to the information listed above, they can be designated as an additional Self-Service Manager for your team. In doing so, this individual would also be able to approve timesheets and holiday claims where needed.
To add an additional Self-Service Manager to a team, please complete the request listed under the right hand menu (Manager Self-Service requests).
2. Assign 'Shared Responsibility' to a colleague
This option is not available to NDM staff.
Shared Responsibility is where time approval permissions are shared permanently with another colleague. This can be assigned to specific work groups (teams) as appropriate.
The colleague who has been assigned Shared Responsibility will be able to perform the same time approver tasks as the manager. However, they will not have access to the additional information available to the Self-Service Manager (listed above).
To set up Shared Responsibility, please complete the form listed under 'Manager Self-Service access from the right hand menu.
3. Assign a Backup Timesheet Authoriser
You can delegate timesheet approval permissions to a Backup Timesheet Authoriser to cover this responsibility for set periods of time (eg to cover annual leave). There are two steps to this process:
1. First, nominate a suitable colleague who can be a Backup Approver when required. To do so, complete the form listed on the right hand side of this page (under 'Manager Self-Service access').
2. Once the request has been fulfilled, the manager can assign these permissions to the Backup Approver when required, in Manager Self-Service.
- If you are responsible for multiple teams (work groups), the backup approver will receive access to approve timesheets for all teams.
- Delegation must start on a future date (rather than today's). Once assigned, the Backup Timesheet Approver can access all historical requests (both approved and outstanding).